Thursday, February 2, 2012

Battle of the Prizes: American Version

I have signed up for another challenge.  I know that I really should stop but I couldn't resist.  Of this challenge I only have to add one additional book to my 2012 reading list.

Detail (Courtesy of Rose City Reader)

DETAILS
Chose three books that you have not read before:
  1. One that won both the Pulitzer and the National
  1. One that won the Pulitzer but not the National
  1. One that won the National but not the Pulitzer
OFFICIAL RULES
  1. The challenge runs for 13 months (I like having an extra month to finish up). Read all books between January 1, 2012 and January 31, 2013. Signing up now is the most fun, but signing up any time before the end is permitted. 

My List:
  1. The Color Purple by Alice Walker (Won both the Pulitzer and the National)
  2. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout (Pulitzer but not the National)
  3. Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann (National but not the Pulitzer)

No comments:

Post a Comment