Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Frankenstein by Mary Shelly

Pages: 211
Genre: Fiction (Classic)
Publication Date: 1818

Why I Quit:

Basically, it is so wordy and I did not have a dictionary handy. Shelley uses a lot of words to describe the simplest concept and it just got on my nerves. Every three pages or so, I just had to sit the book aside and breath. It was a lot to take in and I just wanted her to get to the point. This was not required reading in high school and for that I am extremely happy.

Pages Completed: 44

SideNote: This book qualified for two challenges (1% Well Read and TBR). I will choose two books to replace it, one from each challenge.

If you have a review of this book or any other book reviewed on my site. Post a link to that review in the comment section so, I can link back to you.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this book a lot. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you though.

    ReplyDelete