Monday, June 27, 2011

Mailbox Monday: June 27th

Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.
There hasn't been many books coming into my place in the past month or so. I am trying to read some of the books that I have sitting in boxes and the ones housed on my Nook.

On Sunday, I took a trip to my local Target to return a couple of items. While browsing for stuff to by, I stopped in their book section to see what they had. I found this:




Now, I sort of have a love-hate relationship with Zane. I use to read her books and really enjoyed them but than I read Nervous and decided to give her books a rest for awhile. I couldn't even finish reading Nervous, that is how bad it was to me.

So, when I saw this in Target, I wasn't sure but the blurb intrigued me and I decided to take a chance with her once again.

Blurb from back of Book:

Waitress Brooke Alexander is in love with Patrick Sterling, one of the most prominent attorneys in Washington, D.C. On his good days, Patrick is the man of every woman's dreams. On his bad days, he's a complete nightmare...

Compassionate and honest, Damon Johnson worships the ground his wife, Carleigh, walks on, while she treats him like a trophy husband and views his life aspirations as a joke. He's beginning to wonder if he made the right decision when he asked for her hand in marriage...

When a tragic event brings Brook and Damon together, they see truths about their relationships they never wanted to accept. Sometimes two people meet by pure chance, but sometimes it's... a total eclipse of the heart.

What's in your mailbox?

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog, I'm following you now. Will you please follow me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the new Zane book is a good read. I'm not familiar with them. I have a lot of books on shelves and in boxes waiting to be read so I know what you mean :)

    ReplyDelete