Wondrous Words Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Bermudaonion, where you can share new words that you’ve encountered or spotlight words you love. Feel free to get creative! If you want to play along, grab the button, write a post and come back and add your link to Mr. Linky!
(all definitions are courtesy of the Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
- portent (noun) - something that foreshadows a coming event
- "Yes, but theses are the same portents that precede lunchtime, frankly" ~pg. 27
- penultimate (adjective) - of or relating to the next to the last syllable of a word
- "He hung on the penultimate syllable, deepening his voice in comic pomposity even as he raised his eyebrows. INN-digo, he boomed. ~ pg. 31
- vespertine (adjective) - of, relating to, or occurring in the evening
- Sorry, I forgot to more where I read it in the book.