Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays #5


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Please avoid spoilers!
This weeks teasers is from A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Solider by Ishmael Beah

The morning after the lieutenant's speech, we proceeded to practice killing the prisoners the way the lieutenant had done it.  There were five prisoners and many eager participants.

page 124 (paperback)
Don't forget to post a link to your teaser!

I want to read it.

2 comments:

  1. Eeek. This sounds like it could be a grisly story. I hope it's a good one.
    My Teaser is from THE LAW OF SIMILARS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this four or five years ago maybe...I remember liking it...all the references to American music culture if I recall correctly. I tried to get my brothers to read it but no luck there. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete