Thursday, January 1, 2015

January Goals

Since I am just getting back into the swing of things I plan to keep January simple.  All the books (with the exception of one) should be lighter/shorter reads.

Reading Plans for January:
  • If Beale Street Could Talk by James Baldwin (MR Book Club Selection)
  • The New Mrs. Collins by Quanie Miller (Review Request)
  • March  by Geraldine Brooks
  • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
  • Sold by Patricia McCormick
  • Are You There God, It's Me Margaret by Judy Blume
I am going to start the month off with The New Mrs. Collins by Quanie Miller.  Ms. Miller contacted me several months ago via email about reviewing her request.  I was very impressed by the fact that she did not send a form request. Instead, her email showed that she had in fact read my review policy and even though her book is paranormal she wondered if I would consider reading it and reviewing it on the blog. Very Professional. And the blurb grabbed my attention so win-win.

If things are slow at the place that pays me I plan to start it as everyone else is partying the night away.

What are your reading plans for the month?
Please comment or post a link in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment