Saturday, August 1, 2009

August Forcast

Wordle: Untitled
Since actually setting goal and announcing them here worked so well in the month of July. I am going to keep this up. August promises to be packed. I set down and loot a really good look at my reading this year and so far I am falling way behind. I set a goal for myself to read 60 books and so far I have only read 26 of the ones on my list. I figure I would have to read 8 books a month to get through all the books that I set out to read this year. Not counting the ones ARC copies, books won, or books read for PBT. So, much reading so little time.


Read in July but need to Review:
None

Reading Now:
The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan

Plan to Read In July(in Order, from goal reading list):
Adulthood Rites by Octavia E. Butler
Imago by Octavia E. Butler
Hair Story: Untangling The Roots of Black Hair in America by Ayana D. Byrd and Lori L. Thraps
Don't Move: A Novel by Margaret Mazzantini
Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
Lolita by Vladmir Nabokov
Dracula by Bram Stoker

ACR Books:
The Well and the Mine: A Novel by Gin Phillips

Books Won:
Vixen Manual by Karinne Stephens

PBT (Group at Shelfari):
The Bonesetter's by Amy Tan
Q&A by Vikas Swarup
A Long Way Gone: Memoir of a Boy Solider by Ishmael Beah
The Girl with no Shadow by Joanne Harris
When Will There Be Good News by Kate Atkinson

Yes, folks that is 14 books this month. I don't think I have ever read 14 books in one month in my life. That averages out to 3.5 books per week. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment