Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon Update 1



It's Day 2 of the Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon hosted by The True Book Addict.

So, how am I doing?

I think that so far it is going good.  I didn't have any set concert daily goals when I started the Read-a-Thon. Just a list of books that I would like to start and complete.

Since I am an one book at a time kind of time gal.  I have already started The Deadman Dance by Kim Scott.  I am a little on the fence about this one.  It's not bad at all, the writing is good.  Yet, it is not quite what I was expecting.  I am reading this much faster than I thought that I would and should be finish by no later than Wednesday night (hopefully).

Again My plans are to finish:


  • The Deadman Dance by Kim Scott (27% complete)
  • Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe

And To Start:

  • The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson



3 comments:

  1. Hope it's still going well for you today. Be sure to enjoy yourself!

    Also, I have the mid-week read-a-thon mini-challenge posted. All the links to mini-challenges/giveaways are listed below the read-a-thon banner just above the post section (below the slide show). Stop on by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like The Deadman Dance cover. It's now listed as TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should read Uncle Tom's Cabin one of these days! Hope the read-a-thon is going well for you, thank you for visiting me! :)

    ReplyDelete