Thursday, June 21, 2012

BTT: Quotable

This week Booking Through Thursday :

Valentina asks:
                       Do you have a favorite quote from a book?
This one was really easy for me.  As soon as I read the question I knew the answer.
"All that lives must die, Passing through nature to eternity."
- William Shakespeare, Hamlet, 1.2

I didn't care much for William Shakespeare during my high school English class days but this quote stuck with me the most.

Maybe because it was the same school year that my grandmother died and death was on my mind.  But till this day when I think of favorite quotes this one always is first in line.


6 comments:

  1. Love the quote!!
    Thanks for Commenting on my Blog!
    Now following you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that. I've never read Hamlet. Somehow my English class skipped that one.
    Here's my BTT: http://meganm922.blogspot.com/2012/06/booking-through-thursdayfavorite-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love Shakespeare and Hamlet is one of my (many) favourite plays! Great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my post, following you too now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love Shakespeare and especially Hamlet! This is an amazing quote! Thanks for stopping by!!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never go wrong with Shakespeare.. I remember when we were handed Macbeth in high school on a Friday.. I finished it Saturday ~ couldn't put it down! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete