Thursday, January 22, 2009

Inspiration: Booking Through Thursday (01/22/2009)

Booking Through Thursday Ask:
Since “Inspiration” is (or should) the theme this week … what is your reading inspired by?

My reading list is not inspired by much. Just different recommendations from people or things that I saw that looked good.

But I am inspired to read because when I was younger, I couldn't read that while. In fact my reading was so bad that in the second grade I use to have to leave my class and go to the first grade class during their reading time. I did not catch up until I was in the fourth grade. But that experience had a positive influence on my love for reading now.

Also, my reading is inspired by my grandmother. I lived with her through most of my life and she felt that my difficultly reading was more due to a lack of interest and opportunity. So, she always brought home books that she thought that I should read. I hated most of her selections until she brought "The Boxcar Children" series through the mail. I loved them and would wait for them to arrive.

So, thank you Gwen.

2 comments:

  1. My reading was inspired by my parents who read nursey rhymes to me over and over thinking I was not listening stopped reading. And then when I was bored I repeated them completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very interesting how adults and their attitude to reading effects children.

    ReplyDelete