Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Sunday Salon: First of the New Year

For the most of last month (December) I was away from my computer visiting family in California. It is not that they don't have internet service but the computer that they have is old and slow. So, it was very tiresome to try and log on to the net to do basic things like check my email. But now I am back.

Unfortunately, since I was gone so long my Google Reader had tons of unread blogs. I decided to mark most of them as read since there is no way that I could catch up with them. As, it is now I still have 171 to read.

Now to the books. I did not reach my goal last month on reading 11 books in one month. I ended up working through most of the Christmas break. And to top it off I am getting a late start on the challenges that I signed up for in 2009.

Here is a review of the book challenges that I am participating in (link will take you to my book list):

Plans Reading for this Month:
  • The Awakening by LA Banks (started)
  • The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
  • To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
  • Beloved by Toni Morrison
That's it for now happy reading.

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed To Kill a Mockingbird tremendously and I hope you'll enjoy it too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some good books lined up for this month. I've had Beloved in my TBR for ages but still haven't got around to reading it yet.

    ReplyDelete