Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Library Loot: January 28

Library Loot is a cousin to Mailbox Monday (just not on a specific day during the week). I found the concept over at A Striped Armchair. I don't buy books that often so this might end up being a regular feature. I try to go to the library only once every couple of weeks. But anyways.






This weeks loot is:

"The Gathering" by Ann Enright fits at least two challenges that I am doing this year. It is set in Ireland so it fits the Round The World Challenge. And I got it from the library so it fits the Library Challenge.





You can check out a portion of the book over at Google Books.


"The Journey Home: A Novel" by Olaf Olafsson also is a book that fits the Round The World Challenge and the Library Challenge. The story is set in Iceland.








I have heard a lot about "Uglies" by Scott Westerfeld from various books sites and really had no intention of actually reading it even though all the reviews have been mostly positive. But a group that I am involved in over at Good Reads, has this book as a group selection. They are actually reading the whole series. So, I decided to join. It fits two challenges: The Series Challenge and the Library Challenge.




The last book is "New Moon" by Stephanie Meyer. I have already read Twilight, I actually have read it twice. The first time was to see what all the hype was about and the second time was so that I could refresh my memory after watching the movie. I am not really a fan but since I start the series I might as well finish it (and it works for the Series Challenge).

No comments:

Post a Comment