Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Sunday Salon: Wrap Up and Plans

This Sunday, I am going to do a basic wrap up of my January reading and a forecast of what to expect in Febuary. I should be doing other things like studying or finishing up "Beloved" but I don't want to.


In January I read:
The Awakening by LA Banks
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston

Rank (my favorite is listed first):
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
The Awakening by LA Banks
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston

Feburary planned reading:
Beloved by Toni Morrison (carry over from January)
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
New Moon by Stepehenie Meyer
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
The Journey Home by Olaf Olafsson
The Gathering by Anne Enright
The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz

It is going to be a busy month with reading on top of school but hopefully I can keep up. I might have to read two books at once.

4 comments:

  1. I just finished reading Uglies and really enjoyed it. I'm interested in reading your thoughts on New Moon; I myself enjoyed the Twilight series (guilty pleasures and all that) but I know that it's a series that is pretty polarizing. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monique! I'm glad to see that TKAMB is first on your list. Happy reading in February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a new reader of your blog. I read Beloved a while back and believe it or not I really enjoyed it. Freaked me out somewhat but found the book better then the movie version. I was haunted for a while by the imagery of the crooked neck adult child like ghost. Interesting story, as is with most of Toni Morrison mind stimulating novels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard that it is a really good book. I can't find it but I so do not want to buy it online.

    ReplyDelete