Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dewey's Read-a-Thon Plans


I have taken the plunge and signed up for Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon.

Dewey's Read-a-Thon  is prefect in timing.  Looking at Goodreds,  I am 8 books behind where I need to be to complete 50 books this year.  I don't honestly expect to read 8 books in 24 hours, but any books read will be a plus.

My ultimate plan is to read some books that will either help with  WBTC? Reading Challenge and the Self-Published Challenge.


My Plans:

  • Set alarm to 6am.  The Read-a-Thon starts at 8am here in Miami.  By getting up at 6am, that gives me time to fix dinner and finish up some last minute templates for updates.
  • At 8am, I am going to leave the house with my Nook, books, bag and chair.  I am going to the beach and enjoy reading early in the morning before the crowd gets there.
  • Hopefully, read for 4 hours, with a posting break every hour or so for mobile updates.  At 12pm head home for lunch.
  • Repeat.
Book To Finish:
  • Glow by Jessica Maria Tuccelli - Already Started
  • The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson - Already Started
  • Dirty Little Angels by Chris Tusa - Received for Review

WBTC? and Self-Published Challenge


  • The List by by J. A. Konrath 
  • The Book of Tales by Ted Stetson
  • I Wish I Would've by Aynoit Ashor
  • Thirst by Claire Farrell
  • Trouble Down South and Other Stories by Katrina Parker Williams
  • Left by Chris Walters
  • The Screaming by Jack Killborn
I don't plan to finish all these book but I wanted to create a list just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment