Sunday, April 8, 2012

TSS: State of The Blog



What is the Sunday Salon? Imagine some university library's vast reading room. It's filled with people--students and faculty and strangers who've wandered in. They're seated at great oaken desks, books piled all around them, and they're all feverishly reading and jotting notes in their leather-bound journals as they go. Later they'll mill around the open dictionaries and compare their thoughts on the afternoon's literary intake....
     I wish I could use being busy for the reason that I have not been updating my blog often.  I am only the internet for several hours almost five or more days a week, so you would figure that I have plenty of time to update.  But I don't.  Mainly because I have found myself in another reading slump.  I don't know what it is but the desire to read hasn't been there.  I still don't "feel" like reading but I am going to make myself do it and just wait for the one book that comes along and sparks my interest enough to make me want to devour more.

     I currently have three books in some state being read.
     My goal in the coming weeks to to finish these three books.  I plan to finish The Replacement Wife by Tuesday night.  On Saturday, the book club that I host is meeting to discuss Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones, which I haven't started yet.  After Silver Sparrow, then it is on to Glow, followed by The Warmth of Other Suns. That should keep me busy throughout the month of April.

     According to GoodReads, I am 9 books behind where I need to be to finish 50 books this year.  Which is discouraging because I started the year off so well.  In order to catch up, I am going to sign up for Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon.

     My plan of attack will be to read book for Why Buy The Cow? Reading Challenge.  Which I haven't even started.  I just need to come up with a list of potential books, hopefully some will work for other challenges as well.

That's it for now.

PS.  Happy Easter those that celebrate.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Part of me hates GoodReads little reminder. It's SO frustrating when I see YOU'RE BEHIND. ;-)

    [And I'm in Florida - Orlando! So, for sure, we're DYING here without the AC. One more week to go].

    Finally, YAY for the readtathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've had The Warmth of Other Suns on my wish list for some months now, so I'm very interested in your thoughts on that. Not sure if that's enough to motivate you to read more, but it sounds like a fascinating topic! I can understand if you don't want to read, though- when the sun is shining and the days are getting longer, it's hard to sit inside and read!

    ReplyDelete