Monday, April 30, 2012

Reflecting on April

Wordle: April Reflection

It's the last day in April and time to reflect on what I accomplished in my book reading adventure this month.  April has been by far the best month for me yet.  Nothing earth shattering has happened but I did participate in a Read-a-Thon that did give me an extra need boost in my reading.

Read & Reviewed in April:


Read But Not Reviewed in April:

  • The List by J.A. Konrarth (will be post on Wednesday)

Completed Challenges for 2012:

  • None

Challenges Still in Process:

  • 1% Well Read - Completed 0 out of 10 Books (0%)
  • Unread Book Challenge - Completed 3 books
  • Self-Published Reading Challenge - Completed 2 out of 10 Books (20%)
  • Why Buy The Cow? Reading Challenge - Completed 2 out of 12 Books (17%)
  • Battle of The Prizes - Completed 0 out of 3 Books (0%)
  • The Pulitzer Project  - Completed 0 out of 5 Books (0%)
  • 2012 Reading Challenge - Completed 8 out of 50 Books (16%)


As you can see, I am behind.  According to Goodreads, I am 7 books behind where I need to be to complete the 2012 Reading Challenge.  I think I will be able to keep up.  I first need to stop requesting books from NetGalley and work on the books that I have already.  Second I need to actually start reading at my scheduled reading time before bed.  I think that is the biggest problem, not sticking to a set reading schedule.

Reading Plans for May:

  • The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson (41% Completed)
  • The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot (Book Club Selection)
  • Oxford Messed Up by Andrea Kayne Kaufman (Review Request by Publisher)
  • One Blood by Qwantu Amaru (I requested it from GoodReads)
  • The Keepers of the House by Shirley Ann Grau (NetGalley
  • Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout (for 2 Challenges)
Most likely I won't be able to finish all six books but at least I have a plan.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment