It's the last day in April and time to reflect on what I accomplished in my book reading adventure this month. April has been by far the best month for me yet. Nothing earth shattering has happened but I did participate in a Read-a-Thon that did give me an extra need boost in my reading.
Read & Reviewed in April:
Read But Not Reviewed in April:
- The List by J.A. Konrarth (will be post on Wednesday)
Completed Challenges for 2012:
Challenges Still in Process:
- 1% Well Read - Completed 0 out of 10 Books (0%)
- Unread Book Challenge - Completed 3 books
- Self-Published Reading Challenge - Completed 2 out of 10 Books (20%)
- Why Buy The Cow? Reading Challenge - Completed 2 out of 12 Books (17%)
- Battle of The Prizes - Completed 0 out of 3 Books (0%)
- The Pulitzer Project - Completed 0 out of 5 Books (0%)
- 2012 Reading Challenge - Completed 8 out of 50 Books (16%)
As you can see, I am behind. According to Goodreads, I am 7 books behind where I need to be to complete the 2012 Reading Challenge. I think I will be able to keep up. I first need to stop requesting books from NetGalley and work on the books that I have already. Second I need to actually start reading at my scheduled reading time before bed. I think that is the biggest problem, not sticking to a set reading schedule.
Reading Plans for May:
- The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson (41% Completed)
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot (Book Club Selection)
- Oxford Messed Up by Andrea Kayne Kaufman (Review Request by Publisher)
- One Blood by Qwantu Amaru (I requested it from GoodReads)
- The Keepers of the House by Shirley Ann Grau (NetGalley
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout (for 2 Challenges)
Most likely I won't be able to finish all six books but at least I have a plan. Right?