Saturday, November 15, 2008

1% Well Read Challenge

I have been trying to increase the numbers of books that I have read on the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die list and it is really daunting. I already have so many books on my TBR list over at Shelfari and I need to read at least a few of them before I can add others. Well, I decided to use the 1% Well Read Challenge to get through at least a few books on the 1001 list. The official and original Challenge started in May, 2008 and end February, 2009. I am starting my challenge Janurary 2009 and it will last to the end of Decemeber 2009.

Rules:

The goal of this challenge is to read 10 books in 10 months from the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die list. For you non-math people, 10 out of 1001 is approximately 1%, hence the title. The challenge will run from May 1, 2008 through February 28, 2009.

You may change your list at any time and cross-posting to other challenges is permitted. The only requirement is that your ten book choices must be on the ‘1001 List‘. Another helpful tool is an Excel spreadsheet by Arukiyomi that is found here.

My List:
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee ( Review)
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston (Review)
Beloved by Toni Morrison ( Review)
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier ( Review)
The Age of Innocence by Edith Whatron (Review)
Sons and Lovers by D.H. Lawrence (Review)
Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
Dracula by Bram Stoker
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
White Teeth by Zadie Smith
The Handmaiden's Tale by Margert Atwood

Alternative List:
Rebecca by Daphe Du Mauier (Review)

No comments:

Post a Comment