Saturday, November 15, 2008

TBR Challenge

I have way to many books on my TBR list (over 200). I need to cut it down some. So, combined with some of the other challenges this one is prefect, because all the books overlap. I have a total of 18 books lined up for this challenge. Hopefully, I won't add any more books to my TBR pile (which is highly unlikely). This challenge (for 2009 for now) is being host by one of the groups on Shelfari. I am sure that someone in the Book Blog world will host it also. But I wanted to plan all my challenge list early, so I would know what books I need to order from the library and which ones I would have to buy.

Rules:

** Pick 12 books - one for each month of 2009 - that you've been wanting to read (that have been on your "To Be Read" list) for 6 months or longer, but haven't gotten around to.
** OPTIONAL: Create a list of 12 "Alternates" (books you could substitute for your challenge books, given that a particular one doesn't grab you at the time)
** Then, starting January 1, 2009, read one of these books from your list each month, ending December 31, 2009. :o)

My First 12 Books:
The Awakening by LA Banks (Review)
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan (Review)Beloved by Toni Morrison (Review)To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee (Review)Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neal Hurston (Review)
When Chickhenheads Come Home to Roost by Joan Morgan (Review)
New Moon By Stephenie Meyer (Review)The Hunted by LA Banks (Review)
Dawn by Octavia Butler (Review)Adult Rites by Octavia ButlerChocolat by Joanne Harris (Review)
Thirteen Reason Why by Jay Asher (Review)


Alternate List (Incomplete):
The Witching Hour by Ann Rice
Carrie by Stephan King
Dracula by Bram Stoker
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
White Teeth by Zadie Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment