Thursday, July 12, 2012

BBT: Guilty Pleasure

This week Booking Through Thursday ask:
What book(s) have you read that you’re secretly ashamed to admit?
There is no one book that I am ashamed to admit that I read.

But my guilty pleasure that I don't admit to often is romance/erotica.  I read them, but I don't review them.  Whenever I find myself in a reading funk, I pop on of these open and plow right through them.  In a weekend I can read about 3 romance/erotica books.

Romance/erotica is one of the main reason I love my Nook.  I don't drive so when I am on the bus I tend to pull out a book.  Nothing seems is more embarrassing then pulling out a bodice ripper.  Now, I can read them without having to worry about some seeming the cover.  There still is the chance that someone is reading over my shoulder, but I doubt that happens at all.  People in Miami don't seem to interested in books.

Another great thing about romance/erotica is that it is easy to find free or cheap eBooks.  The quality is not always the best, but I read them for enjoyment not for deep intellectual insight or beautiful, elegant writing.

What's your guilty pleasure?

6 comments:

  1. The Kindle or Nook come in handy for keeping those covers under wraps...lol

    Here's MY BTT POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW..3 in a weekend? I always felt that 1 of the negatives with EReaders was that you can't see what someone is reading but now I know why lol. Thank you for stopping by. Have a fun upcoming weekend, and am wondering if it will include 3 books lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nook is a good idea.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/booking-through-thursday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least it gets you out of your funk.

    http://citygirlwholovestoread.blogspot.com/2012/07/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, very true. The covers on those romance novels are the worst!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/07/booking-through-thursday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooooo true.I read them but don't review them, but I enjoy them LOL. My kindle broke so I just listen to music on the bus now,I can't pull out my erotic book in front of a bus full of people LOL

    ReplyDelete