Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday Post #2




The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
~this meme was inspired in part by - In My Mailbox~

  • It's a chance to share News.
  • A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
  • This is your news post, so personalize it. Include as much as you want or as little.
  • Be creative, it can be a vlog or just a showcase of your goodies.
This week has been a bit of a bomb.  I didn't read any of the books that I wanted to read.  Maybe I am suffering from reading exhaustion.  Is there such a thing?

What Happened Last Week:
  • Reviews:  On Wednesday, I reviewed One Blood by Qwantu Amaru.
  • Booking Thru Thursday:  All about teachers and reading.  I shared my story about Mrs. Hershey.
  • Friday Finds:  I added 8 more books to Mt. TBR. 
  • Stacking The Shelves: I purchased 3 more books this week.  All were on sale at B&N (eBooks). Sweet Smoke by David Fuller has been sitting on Mt. TBR for awhile.  A Long Walk to Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mendela by Nelson Mendela and Rose of Fire by Carlos Ruiz Zafon  which is a short story.  
What's Happening This Week:
  • Monday:  I will announce the winner for the giveaway.
  • Reviews:  My review of  The Keepers of the House by Shirley Ann Grau should be up by no latter than Wednesday.
  • Teaser Tuesday: Will feature Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Stourt.

Happy Reading,
MoniqueReads

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a great week. New to your blog by the way. Check out my first Sunday Post.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Booking Thru Thursday, I'm going to check it out.

    I'm not familiar with most of the books you mentioned, but I hope you enjoy them. And yes, there is definitely such a thing as reading exhaustion. It's happened to me a few times. You have to pace yourself and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great week! I hope Olive Kitteridge was good. I've heard a lot about it but not tried it myself, yet.

    ReplyDelete