Which means I should feeling like this about my challenges:
But I don't.
I am no where near halfway done with my challenges. None of them.
- 1% Well Read - Completed 0 out of 10 Books (0%)
- Unread Book Challenge - Completed 3 books
- Self-Published Reading Challenge - Completed 3 out of 10 Books (30%)
- Why Buy The Cow? Reading Challenge - Completed 1 out of 12 Books (8%)
- Battle of The Prizes - Completed 0 out of 3 Books (0%)
- The Pulitzer Project - Completed 0 out of 5 Books (0%)
- 2012 Reading Challenge - Completed 13 out of 50 Books (26%)
I am feeling like a bit of an underachiever at the moment.
But I half the year to make up for my slow start. Right?
My Top Three (so far):
- Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones - I can't wait to read more of Tayari Jones books. She has two other books published and I am sure they are just as good.
- The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson - I love how the story of the Great Migration was told through the eyes of the people that lived it. Wilkerson expertly weaved in historical facts which made The Warmth of Other Suns a favorite.
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot - I loved reading the tale about the woman whose cells help in the advancement of modern science. It's interesting to see the story for both a human stand and scientific stand point. It helps that Skloot broke the science portion down for the none science nerds.
- Read-a-Thons: Once Upon A Read-a-Thon (July 9th - July 11th) and Summer Wrap-up Read-a-Thon (August 4th - August 12th)
- Series Completion: I plan to complete The Vampire Huntress Legend by L.A. Banks before the summer is out. I only have 5 books to go. Normally, I can blaze through these books in a day or two. Maybe, they'll be my weekend read.
How have you done so far this year?